Friday, September 22, 2017

Be careful what you feed yourself

Be careful what you feed yourself


Hi there.
Thanks for popping in.

Wednesday already again! Wowee, this week is flying by!!

Wednesday.
The day when we talk about matters of the matters of the soul...

Had a terrible night’s sleep last night. 
Couldn’t sleep a wink.
Too much cheese before bedtime?
Nope.
Too much caffeine?
Nope.
Too much sugar?
Nope. Ice cream doesn’t count.

I know EXACTLY what I did wrong.
I watched a really emotional film after 9.
“Me Before You”
It was about a young man who ended up completely paralysed from the neck down because of an accident.
He then made the decision to go to Switzerland and end his life with Dignitas, assisted suicide.
It’s about his relationship with a young woman in the final months, and I am guessing it was supposed to be uplifting. 
NOT.
And how I howled. Couldn’t stop crying. Went to bed choked. 
Lay there all night, thinking about the man, the parents, 
about the girl, 
about the whole sad story really. 

So, what have I learned?
Do NOT watch sad films which will wrench at your heart just before bedtime!

Am I the only one who reacts like this?
I know I am super sensitive and am sure most people wouldn’t lose sleep over a fiction story.
If we are creatives, then we probably see things in brighter colour and feel things more deeply, don’t you think?

But is sensitivity a weakness?
It robbed me of my sleep 
because I fed my imagination just before bed. 
Never a smart move!

But actually, I am really glad to be sensitive - even though it can bite me in the derriere quite frequently. I just have to be careful what I expose myself to.
No Horror films.
No war.
No Violence.
No Kinky psycho shit.

In fact, I am a nightmare when it comes to films!
We went to see Bridget Jones last week; that’s about my speed!
Books are better; you can control the imagery impact better.
Having said that, I have howled over books too....


Do you have strong intuition? 
Do you sense things which others around you are oblivious to?
Me too.

There’s a very fine line between joy and despair some days, don’t you find? I have to be very careful not to fuel a negative. 
Say something bad happens. If I dwell on it and give it energy, it gathers momentum, and gets bigger and bigger and bigger. 

So I have to keep it all quite simple, and 
not buy into somebody else’s ranting either.

Years ago, I used to wake up to John Humphrys on Radio 4 .
I had to change over to Classic Radio. 
His constant barking and negative grind used to get under my skin to the point where I was in a bad mood before I had even cleaned my teeth!
I would rather take a blast of Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture complete with cannons at 6 in the morning 
than let him get in my head!

Anyway.
Enough rambling.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I have to watch what I feed myself.
And I don’t just mean food. 

Love & Hugs,
Barb
xxxx

Available link for download