Thursday, October 12, 2017

Bento Box Bag

Bento Box Bag


Custom Bento Box Bag

Im really happy with this lunch bag
I made for Joes co-worker. His wife,
(who is incredibly sweet), was telling me
that she had been looking for a lunch bag
for her husband for a long time with no luck.
When I told her that I was planning on
making a lunch bag for Joe, she kindly
asked me to make the same one for her husband.

w4

So I sewed up this one. I had this idea
somewhere in the head ever since my mom
got Joe the big bento box. I have to say
that I love how it fits perfectly in the bag!
And my favorite part of it is that the lining
is vinyl coated-fabric with some polyester
batting attached on the other side.
So there should be minimum problems relating
to something spilling from the bento box.
Also, with some batting, there might be a tiny
bit of thermal protection to keep the food
fresh and nicely warm, maybe. :D

I really like this pattern and Id be
happy to write up a tutorial on it if
many of you want to make a bento box bag
like that! Just let me know ;)

Looking at this bag makes me feel calm and
sort of nostalgic. I grew up with lots
of things that are made with indigo fabrics,
especially at my grandmas house - full of
traditional things like that!
It has been two years since I went back to
Japan. I miss being there.

Custom Wristlet

Here is another one of patchwork zipper pouches that
Ive been throwing out here like crazy recently.
But look, this time its a bit fancier because it
comes with a strap, making it a wristlet now!

w2

This was a custom order and I really appreciate
this idea of adding a simple strap. I might have
to do it with more pouches!

Thank you for stopping by!




Available link for download