Friday, July 21, 2017

Barefoot Medusa

Barefoot Medusa



Watercolor, gouache and pencil on watercolor board. Image links to a larger view.

An Auction Piece. I tried many studies of what to do after Ted Mathot suggested I try a companion piece to the Crystal one I did for the Emergency auction at Maverix. I had two false starts and this one was a study I had come back to after the rather tepid first tries.

Medusa, she of the Inhumans (careful of the hair, can give Reed Richards a run for his money, prehensile wise),queen to Black Bolt. Hey, I just remembered that I did a black bolt a while back for something...Oh, yeah, it was someones sketchbook. I colored it on Photoshop. I did post it on the Drawing Board.

Anyway, this is a piece for an internal art auction to benefit our about to be born Story Pod. Were generating funds to furnish a corner of the building we can call our own. Weve a name suggested by Brenda Chapman: Joes Place, after Joe Ranft.

Weve got the whole membership of the Pixar Story department generating art. Ill ask permission to post some as we progress.

Medusa
Black Bolt
Crystal




Available link for download